Fuel Management Plan Workshop
Monday January 23rd, 2023, the Santa Lucia Community Services District is hosting a day-long Fuel Management Plan Workshop, which will be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Fuel Management Plans (FMPs) are the primary action that homeowners can implement at The Preserve to reduce wildfire risk to the community and structures. Whether you already have an FMP, or need to initiate one as they are required for all new homes, this workshop will provide the information you need to successfully maintain your defensible space while complying with both state requirements and Preserve Fuel Management Standards.
You will also get updates on Preserve-wide wildfire mitigation efforts, homeowners insurance, and new California defensible space requirements. Please come and enjoy the opportunity to network with other community members, arborists, fuel mitigation contractors, landscapers, landscape architects, and fire professionals over a hardy chili lunch!
Please join the Community Services District and our speakers:
- Carol Rice - Wildfire Ecologist
- Esther Mandeno - Certified Fire Ecologist and GIS Professional
- Matt Lumadue - Monterey County Regional Fire District Fire Prevention Specialist
- Forrest Arthur - Santa Lucia Preserve COO/General Manager
- Rob Kingsley - Santa Lucia Preserve Community Member
- Cameron Daroczy - Preserve Design & Construction Services Administrator
- Jamison Watts - Santa Lucia Conservancy Executive Director
- Emily Aiken - Santa Lucia Preserve Fire and Fuels Management Specialist